Over the past month I've made a start on a complete "Wiki" (with the scope to become an "online encyclopedia") of ACA "advanced quietwater" canoeing: a fully indexed and cross-referenced guide for instructors, students and other interested parties. I've worked from what I've gleaned from my own canoeing experience and from secondary sources, but all in the light of extensive discussion and rethinking during and since my ACA instructor certification.
For a taste of what's here, start with:
- ACA "Advanced Quietwater" or "Freestyle"
- ACA-AQ Basics: 1 - Introduction
- ACA-AQ Basics: 1 - Index
- ACA-AQ Basics: 7 - The Christie
- ACA-AQ Basics: 5 - The Axle
I've also made a start on a Wiki on Interpretative Freestyle...
- Interpretative Freestyle: Goofing around to the Boom Box...
- ACA-AQ: "So You Wanna Compete in Freestyle" (Bob Mravetz)
- ACA-AQ: Mark Molina on Creating your own "Freestyle Program"
...and on a who's who of ACA Advanced Quietwater: see here.
Last but not least, I've also contributed some threads on random topics I've come across...